Leelou Blogs

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The start of the costume....

I have collected most of the supplies needed for my costume. I borrowed my mom's old sewing machine to help me out. I haven't had time to start making anything but I will this weekend... hopefully!



The Dress I got from my friend Sarah, she wore it in her sisters wedding.
It is a little too formal for what I was wanting but it was FREE so I will/can work with it!
I have pinned the top middle part so it scrunches in the middle.




I found this cheap cape at a "thrift" store for only $1.00!! It is not the best of quality but it works...hopefully!



Here is the fabric I am using for the flames. I will probably embellish my cape with the extra pieces I have. I am excited cause it is super fun fabric... glittery bright red mesh!



A co-worker is also into crafting and she had some left over wire from a previous costume she had made, so she let me borrow what is needed to make the flames. This wire is way easier to use than a wire coat hanger (attempt #1=FAIL!)



This is my mom's sewing machine..... this thing is ANCIENT!!! I do believe it was one of my Aunt Peg's first sewing machines!



1 comment:

  1. I love your costume ideas! Its so fun to find somthing that your looking for when its really inexspensive or FREE!! I cant wait to see the finished product. Are you guys going to do any costume contests?

    ReplyDelete